By: Kimon Hadjibiros (Author)
350 pages, 41 b/w illustrations
Ecology and Applied Environmental Science presents a brief theoretical approach to ecology, based on energy, population and cycles of chemical elements. This introductory textbook examines a good selection of environmental problems with potential engineering, scientific and managerial solutions. It takes an engineering approach and avoids too much biological detail.
Ecology and Applied Environmental Science introduces system analysis and describes the structure and function of the ecosystem. It focuses on:
- interactions between organisms and abiotic factors
- population dynamics
- energy flow, limiting factors and biogeochemical cycles
- environmental problems of forests, aquatic habitats, coastal zones, other natural landscapes and urban areas
- solid waste, toxic and radioactive substances
- water and air pollution
- the greenhouse effect and impacts from climate change
- pollution abatement technologies and
- environmental management tools
It provides a short and comprehensive approach to appropriate environmental management, based on sound ecological theory and applied science and technology.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985