168 pages, b/w illustrations
Economic Sustainability and Environmental Protection in Mediterranean Countries Through Clean Manufacturing Methods, with contributions from a team of multi-disciplinary team experts, addresses the economic sustainability and clean manufacturing methods to deal with the challenges that water scarcity and water quality are imposing on many countries, particularly on Mediterranean arid areas, that are threatening their economic and social development.
Water plays a crucial role in industry, agriculture and daily life. Its use has increased ten-fold between 1900 and 2000. On a global scale, about 70% of clean water from available sources is used for agricultural purposes, primarily irrigation, the rest of it being used for domestic and industrial purposes. With the actual demographic and economic trends, it is expected that by 2025, two-thirds of the world population will live in water-stressed areas and it is expected a 40% increase in water consumption.
- Cleaner Production in Industry: Capacity Building and Implementation; J. Staniskis, V. Arbaciauskas
- Recovery and Recycling of Industrial Wastewater by Hybrid Processes; F. Shadman
- Treatment of Oily Wastewater by Membrane Hybrid Processes; J. Coca et al
- Cuben, a Novel Bioreactor for the Removal of Nutrients: Performance Evaluation; M. Alvarez Cuenca, M. Reza
- Activated Carbon Adsorption and Chemical Regeneration in the Food Industry; R.A. Sierka
- Hybrid Processes for the Treatment of Leachate from Landfills; B. Fitzke et al
- Textile Wastewater Treatment and Recycling; R. Ben Amar
- Changes in Groundwater Salinity and Nitrate Concentrations due to Aquifer Recharge by Treated Wastewater: Korba Case Study; E.A. Foued et al
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!