Series: The Micropalaeontological Society (TMS) Special Publications Volume: 3
By: JE Whittaker(Editor), Malcolm B Hart(Editor)
Ostracods in British Stratigraphy charts the stratigraphical distribution of ostracods in the Cambrian to Pleistocene deposits of Britain and outlines their utility for dating and correlating rock sequences, as well as indicating aspects of their palaeoenvironmental and palaeogeographical significance.
These small bivalved crustaceans are the most abundant arthropods in the fossil record. Indeed, the stratigraphy of Britain, which embraces many type-sequences, provides a particularly rich and full record of them, from at least the basal Ordovician, and from the British Cambrian there is a biostratigraphy based on their relatives, the bradoriids and phosphatocopids. Ostracod distributions demonstrate the ecological success story of the group, occupying as they do marine, non-marine and even terrestrial habitats.
Written by current specialists in the field, Ostracods in British Stratigraphy is an authoritative account and will be welcomed by all micropalaeontologists and applied geologists in the industrial and academic world alike. It is richly illustrated with over 80 plates of electron micrographs and specially drawn maps, diagrams and range-charts
- Cambrian. A W A Rushton, D J Siveter, & M Williams
- Ordovician. D J Siveter
- Silurian. D J Siveter
- Devonian. A J Gooday
- Carboniferous. J Athersuch, A J Gooday, J E Pollard & N J Riley
- Permian. T H Pettigrew
- Triassic. N Ainsworth & I Boomer
- Lower Jurassic (Hettangian–Toarcian). I Boomer & N R Ainsworth
- Middle Jurassic (Aalenian–Bathonian). R H Bate
- Bathonian of the Inner Hebrides, Scotland. M I Wakefield
- Upper Jurassic (Callovian–Portlandian). I P Wilkinson & R C Whatley
- Purbeck–Wealden. D J Horne
- Marine Lower Cretaceous. I J Slipper
- Upper Cretaceous. I J Slipper
- Paleogene. A R Lord, J E Whittaker & C King
- Neogene. A M Wood, I P Wilkinson, C A Maybury & R C Whatley
- Pleistocene. J E Whittaker, & D J Horne
- Subject Index
- Systematic Index
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985