This is the Oregon 650 bundled with the GB Discoverer 1:50K Full Country Mapping software. This package provides full 1:50k scale Ordnance Survey Landranger map coverage for the whole of Great Britain and includes includes terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, paths, routable roads and geographical points. Plus, with NAVTEQ road data and points of interest, you'll get turn-by-turn directions to your destinations.
The Garmin Oregon 650 has all the great features of the Oregon 600 but with the addition of an impressive 8MP camera. It also comes preloaded with a European Recreational Map 100k and a Worldwide Basemap with shaded relief. Each picture is automatically geotagged with the location where it was taken, allowing you to easily navigate back to that spot at any point in the future. For keeping a photographic record of survey sites this feature is perfect.
The Oregon 650 uses high-sensitivity WAAS/EGNOS and GLONASS enabled satellite tracking which provides a faster fix, even in shaded and remote environments. It also has a sunlight-readable touch screen which is strengthened for impact and usable even with gloved hands. The screen possesses dual orientation meaning that you can view maps and data either vertically or horizontally, depending on how the unit is oriented.
The 3-axis electronic compass has accelerometer tilt compensation which shows where you’re heading even when you’re standing still and not holding it level. It will also provide your precise altitude using the barometric altimeter and by plotting barometric pressure over time will even give you important information about changing weather conditions.
The Oregon 650 provides an impressive 16 hours of battery time and features a unique dual battery system; an internally rechargeable NiMH battery back (not included) can be used instead of the traditional AA batteries. Data such as photos, geocaches, routes and maps can by transferred quickly and easily between Oregon 600-series devices, as well as to the Garmin Cloud which can be accessed from anywhere using your Smartphone and BaseCamp mobile app.
Physical and Performance:
* Unit Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.1 x 11.4 x 3.3cm / 2.4 x 4.5 x 1.3”
* Display size (WxH): 3.8 x 6.3cm / 1.5 x 2.5”
* Display resolution (WxH): 240 x 400 pixels
* Display type: Transflective colour TFT touchscreen
* Weight: 262.1g / 9.3oz with batteries
* Battery: 2 x AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended. Rechargeable NiMH pack (optional)
* Battery life: 16 hours
* Waterproof: Yes (IPX7)
* Floats: No
* High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
* Interface: High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps and Memory:
* Basemap: Yes
* Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
* Ability to add maps: Yes
* Built-in memory: 4.4GB
* Accepts data cards: MicroSD card (not included)
* Waypoints/favourites/locations: 4000
* Routes: 200
* Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features and Benefits:
* Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes
* Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
* Touchscreen: Yes
* Barometric altimeter: Yes
* Camera: Yes (8MP with autofocus, digital zoom and flash)
* Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
* Custom maps compatible: Yes
* Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): Yes
* Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
* Sun and moon information: Yes
* Tide tables: Yes
* Area calculation: Yes
* Custom POI’s (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
* Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes (plus images and custom maps)
* Picture viewer: Yes
* Garmin Connect compatible: Yes
Protect your Oregon 650 from bumps and scratches with this soft case
Pack of four alkaline AA batteries
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!