By: John Englander (Author), Jean-Michel Cousteau (Foreword By)
The book that described a superstorm hitting Atlantic City and New York City – exactly one week before Sandy hit. Just one of dozens of scenarios in this amazing book. Find out the other forecasts. Getting rave reviews from experts and Amazon readers. For 6,000 years sea level has changed little. Now it it has started rising again, moving the shoreline too.
In clear, easy-to-understand language, High Tide on Main Street explains:
- The science behind sea level rise, plus the myths and partial truths used to confuse the issue
- The surprising forces that will cause sea level to rise for 1,000 years, as well as the possibility of catastrophic rise this century
- Why the devastating economic effects will not be limited to the coasts
- Why coastal property values will go "underwater" long before the land does, perhaps as early as this decade
- Five points of "intelligent adaptation" that can help individuals, businesses, and communities protect investments now and in the future
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I just received my book from you - it arrived quickly and in perfect condition because it was packed so well.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985