By: Jon C Herron(Author), Scott Freeman(Author)
864 pages, colour photos, colour & b/w illustrations, colour maps
By presenting evolutionary biology as a dynamic, ongoing research effort and organizing discussions around questions, this best-selling text helps you think like a scientist as you learn about evolution. The authors convey the excitement and logic of evolutionary science by introducing principles through recent and classical studies, and by emphasizing real-world applications.
In the Fifth Edition of Evolutionary Analysis, co-author Jon Herron takes the lead in streamlining and updating content to reflect key changes in the field. The design and art program have also been updated for enhanced clarity.
1. A Case for Evolutionary Thinking: Understanding HIV
2. The Evidence for Evolution
3. Darwinian Natural Selection
4. Reconstructing Evolutionary Trees
II. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
5. Mutation and Genetic Variation
6. Mendelian Genetics in Populations I: Selection and Mutation as Mechanisms of Evolution
7. Mendelian Genetics in Populations II: Migration, Genetic Drift, and Nonrandom Mating
8. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Linkage and Sex
9. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Quantitative Genetics
10. Studying Adaptation: Evolutionary Analysis of Form and Function
11. Sexual Selection
12. Kin Selection and Social Behavior
13. Aging and Other Life History Characters
14. Evolution and Human Health
15. Phylogenomics and the Molecular Basis of Adaptation
IV. THE HISTORY OF LIFE
16. Mechanisms of Speciation
17. The Origins of Life and Precambrian Evolution
18. The Cambrian Explosion and Beyond
19. Development and Evolution
20. Human Evolution
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Jon Herron (University of Washington) is a dedicated teacher, author, and software developer. He is committed to improving how evolution is taught to today's students, and he enjoys staying on top of the rapidly-changing field of evolution.
Your orders support book donation projects
Shopping at NHBS is always good. The range of books is wide, the service is excellent, the orders arrive swiftly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985