432 pages, 900+ colour photos
Old World Ratsnakes: A Collection of Papers provides a comprehensive overview of the Old World colubrid snakes commonly known as ratsnakes, and contains a wealth of new information on the natural history and generic classification of this fascinating group. The book should not be considered as a second edition to the monograph by Schulz (1996) but rather as a detailed account of all Old World species that are present or were former members of the genus Elaphe Fitzinger.
The book is divided into 16 papers and represents the collective work of 18 contributing authors. This book also contains extensive photographic documentation of each species in their natural environments with contributions made by photographers from all over the world. The inclusion of over 900 colour photographs of all known species and subspecies, as well as colour morphs, makes Old World Ratsnakes: A Collection of Papers an invaluable reference source to both amateur and professional herpetologists alike.
- Preface by Wolfgang Böhme
- Introduction to this book by Klaus-Dieter Schulz
- Systematics of ratsnakes by Klaus-Dieter Schulz
- An annotated and illustrated checklist of Old World ratsnakes by Klaus-Dieter Schulz
- The Aegean populations of Elaphe quatuorlineata (Lacépède, 1789): A morpho-ecological examination by Augusto Cattaneo & Mauro Grano
- Predation on Coracias garrulus (Linnaeus, 1758) by Elaphe quatuorlineata (Lacépède, 1789) by Mauro Grano & Cristina Cattaneo
- Natural history, morphology and ecology of the Italian Aesculapian snake, Zamenis lineatus by Massimo Capula & Luca Luiselli
- Episodes of predation on adult specimens of edible dormouse, Glis glis (Linnaeus)
- Notes on ratsnakes from north eastern India by Abhijit Das
- Contribution to knowledge of the ratsnakes of Bhutan by Jingme Thselthrim Wangyal
- Observations on cave racers, Orthriophis taeniurus (Cope) in Southeast Asia by Liz Price
- Distributional and natural history notes on the ratsnakes of Japan, with special emphasis on the species of Hokkaido by Tatsuhiro Tokuda
- Distribution and natural history of the ratsnakes of Taiwan: An annotated photographic review by Chung-wei You, Shin-wen Li and Anthony Lau
- Contribution to the Knowledge of the Oriental rhino ratsnake, Rhynchophis Boulengeri Mocquard - by Sergei Ryabov, Klaus Dieter Schulz And Xing Wang
- Undercover in the rainforest canopy by Massimo Capula & Luca Luiselli
- Episodes of predation by Klaus-Dieter Schulz and Andreas Gumprecht
- The Asian brown snakes of the genus Xenelaphis by Andreas Gumprecht & Klaus-Dieter Schulz
- Forty years of husbandry and breeding of Old World ratsnakes - a summary by Rainer Fesser
- A checklist of the extinct taxa allied to the Old World ratsnakes, with remarks on the phylogeny and radiation of Elaphe, Rhinechis and Zamenis by Notker Helfenberger & Klaus-Dieter Schulz
- Systematic index
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!