Series: Terricolous Lichens in India Volume: 1
112 pages, 8 colour & 7 b/w illustrations, 9 tables
Terricolous lichens, a habitat specialist group of lichens play a vital role in maintenance and ecological stability of soil crusts with reference to their physical stability, hydrology and growth of soil microflora. Terricolous lichens in Indian lichenological studies haven't been taken up as a functional group. Terricolous Lichens in India, Volume 1: Diversity Patterns and Distribution Ecology is the first ever publication dealing with soil lichens of India.
Divided into five chapters, Terricolous Lichens in India, Volume 1 discusses the lichenological researches in India with reference to terricolous lichens, the altitudinal distribution patterns of terricolous lichens, comparative assessment of distribution with global patterns, and the photobiont diversity and influence of novel molecular clades of photobiont in determining ecological preferences of soil lichens in India.
Written by experts in the field and supplemented with numerous photographs, Terricolous Lichens in India, Volume 1 is a comprehensive resource that addresses the major drivers of terricolous lichens distribution in India.
1. Lichenological studies in India with reference to terricolous lichens. Himanshu Rai, Roshni Khare and Dalip Kumar Upreti
2. Distribution ecology of soil crust lichens in India: a comparative assessment with global patterns. Roger Rosentreter, Himanshu Rai and Dalip Kumar Upreti
3. Terricolous lichens in Himalayas: patterns of species richness along elevation gradient. Chitra Bahadur Baniya, Himanshu Rai and Dalip Kumar Upreti
4. Photobiont diversity in Indian Cladonia lichens, with special emphasis on the geographical patterns Tereza Ridka, Ondrej Peksa, Himanshu Rai, Dalip Kumar Upreti and Pavel Skaloud
5. Photobiont diversity of soil crust lichens along substrate ecology and altitudinal gradients in Himalayas: a case study from Garhwal Himalaya Voytsekhovich Anna, Dymytrova Lyudmyla, Himanshu Rai and Dalip Kumar Upreti
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!