By: Linda J Kershaw (Author)
384 pages, 700+ colour photos & b/w illustrations
Throughout human history, plants have provided us with food, clothing, medicine and shelter. The Rocky Mountains are home to a diversity of plant species that have helped native peoples and settlers survive through the centuries. Edible & Medicinal Plants of The Rocky Mountains describes 333 common trees, shrubs, flowers, ferns, mosses and lichens that have been used by people from ancient times to the present. This comprehensive guide contains:
- More than 700 color photographs and illustrations
- An introduction explaining the use of wild plants, including gathering, preparing and cooking
- Food, medicinal and other uses for each species
- Clear descriptions of the plants and where to find them
- Warnings about plant allergies, poisons and digestive upsets
- A special section at the end detailing 46 of the more common poisonous plants in the Rockies region.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985