By: Konstantinos Ganias(Editor)
375 pages, 11 colour & 53 b/w illustrations
Apart from being commercially and socially significant, anchovies and sardines populations occupy crucial positions in the oceans' ecosystems. Low in the food chain, clupeoids tend towards abundance, as if their purpose in life was to be eaten and fuel the upper levels of marine trophic chains. The present book covers a broad spectrum of topics on the biology (sytematics, phylogeography, reproduction, feeding) and ecology (habitat characterization, recruitment variability) of anchovies and sardines. It also puts together important information on the state of their fisheries, exploitation and management.
- Progress in Clupeiform Systematics, Sébastien Lavoué, Peter Konstantinidis and Wei-Jen Chen
- Phylogeography and Population Genetics of Anchovies (Engraulis spp.) and Sardines (Sardina pilchardus and Sardinops spp.), Panagiotis Kasapidis
- Reproductive Potential of Anchovy and Sardine Populations, Kostas Ganias, Stylianos Somarakis and Cristina Nunes
- Feeding Biology and Ecology of Anchovies and Sardines, Susana Garrido and Carl David van der Lingen
- Habitat Characterization and Migrations, Marianna Giannoulaki, Eudoxia Schismenou, Maria-Myrto Pyrounaki and Konstantinos Tsagarakis
- Recruitment Variability in Anchovy and Sardine Populations, Isidora Isidora
- Role of Anchovies and Sardines as Reduction Fisheries in the World Fish Meal Production: Overview of the Interaction between the Resource and Environmental and Socioeconomic Drivers, Gorka Merino, Manuel Barange, and Christian Mullon
- Assessment of Sardine and Anchovy Stocks: Practices and Extracts from the US Fishery, Nancy C. H. Lo, Benjamin E. Fissel, and Kevin Hill
- Socioeconomics and Management of Anchovy and Sardine stocks, Pita Cristina, Silva Alexandra, Prellezo Raul, Andrés Marga, and Andrés Uriarte
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
The packaging of both books was superb and they are in pristine condition. Thank you again for the service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985