520 pages, b/w illustrations
Advanced electricity transmission and distribution (T&D) network technologies are required to reduce losses, sustain higher network efficiency, and maintain power quality and security. Research in this field must also consider the increasing role and penetration of renewable and distributed generation, for which advanced electricity storage systems are required. The first section of Electricity Transmission, Distribution and Storage Systems presents chapters on key aspects of the materials, architecture and performance of electricity T&D networks. The second section addresses the applications and integration of electricity storage systems.
Part 1 Fundamentals of electricity transmission and distribution: Introduction to transmission and distribution (T&D) networks: T&D infrastructure, reliability and engineering, regulation and planning
- Transmission and distribution (T&D) network monitoring and control
- Protection of transmission and distribution (T&D) networks
- Integration of distributed energy resources to the grid
Part 2 Advances in materials and technologies for electricity transmission and distribution: Development of advanced materials for transmission and distribution (T&D) networks equipment
- High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) electric power transmission systems
- Modern flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) devices
- Nanodielectrics and their role in power transmission applications
- Superconducting power cables and fault current limiters
Part 3 Electricity storage technologies: Economic and environmental assessment of electricity storage systems
- Materials and chemistry for nickel-based batteries
- Redox flow batteries for medium- to large-scale energy storage
- Superconducting magnetic energy storage (SEMS) systems
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Dr Ziad Melhem is Key Accounts Manager at Oxford Instruments (OI), UK. He is highly regarded for his work in low- and high-temperature superconductor materials and applications.