There is nothing quite like the taste of fresh vegetables and herbs that you have grown yourself. The author Guy Barter is the Royal Horticultural Society's best vegetable grower, with more than 20 years of growing and showing others how to grow. Demonstrating RHS best practice and using only the tastiest varieties, Guy shows how to make a productive plot in any size garden. From soil improvement to crop protection, pest control and top harvesting tips, with RHS Handbook: Growing Vegetables and Herbs readers will be able to grow 50 of the most popular and tasty herbs and vegetables today. RHS Handbook: Growing Vegetables and Herbs includes new veg crops such as super-healthy soya beans, tasty Asian greens and the fantastically trendy micro-veg that all the top chefs are raving about.
- Introduction: Why grow your own
- Rules and tools: Climate, soils, planning, buying seeds, tools
- Basic techniques: Digging, raised beds, manures, sowing and planting, watering
- Crop protection: Weeds, mulches, frames, windbreaks, pests and diseases
- Vegetable directory. Vegetables are grouped by family groups
- Herb directory. Alphabetical listing
- Sowing charts, harvesting times
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
This series is written by a team of Royal Horticultural Society experts. The Royal Horticultural Society is at the forefront of a gardening revolution in which received wisdom is questioned and updated. This book is the result of more than 100 years of practical experience in gardens across the world. With this book, gardening practice is in safe hands.