Series: Springer Oceanography
245 pages, 115 b/w illustrations
The author participated 38 expeditions including the first manned-submersible project to explore the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Sea Floor Exploration provides a comprehensive overview of the past 45 years of sea floor exploration. It summarizes the mineralogical and petrological composition of sea floor rocks, ocean floor volcanism in relation with the geological setting as well as the discovery of hydrothermal activity and related to metalliferous deposits. Topics covered include the creation of the sea floor, its fracture zones and the structural setting of subduction zones.
- The birth of planet Earth
- Man's penetration into the abysses
- Sea floor rocks
- Earth's mantle melting and volcanism
- Hydrothermal activity and metalliferous deposits
- Oceanic ridges: Sea floor creation
- Fracture zones
- Voyage to Antarctica region
- Subduction zones
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!