Series: World Soils Book Series
322 pages, 156 colour & 32 b/w photos, illustrations and maps
The Soils of Antarctica divides Antarctica into eight ice-free regions and provides information on the soils of each region. Soils have been studied in Antarctica for nearly 100 years. Although only 0.35% (45 000 km2) of Antarctica is ice-free, its weathered, unconsolidated material qualify as "soils". The Soils of Antarctica is richly illustrated with nearly 150 images and provisional maps are provided for several key ice-free areas.
- Soils of Antarctica: History and Challenges
- Soil-forming Factors in Antarctica
- Soils of Queen Maud Land
- Soils of Enderby Land
- Soils of MacRobertson Land
- Soils of Wilkes Land
- Soils of North Victoria Land (Northern Transantarctic Mountains)
- Soils of Central Victoria Land
- Soils of Southern Victoria Land, the Transantarctic Mountains
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!