23 pages, colour photos, b/w illustrations
Pomegranate’s Life in the Rainforest Coloring Book features 22 drawings to color. Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed.
Did you know that tropical rainforests are home to the widest diversity of animals and insects on Earth? Many of these creatures are brightly colored, and some might even seem a bit strange. Even though you may not have visited a rainforest, you’ve probably seen some of these amazing animals in a zoo, or on a nature show on TV. If you could travel to a tropical rainforest, you would find it a hot and humid place with lots of very tall trees with big leaves. And you’d find lots of animals.
Michael Turco is a nature photographer who has traveled to rainforests around the world, including some in Southeast Asia, South and Central America, and Africa, to capture images of the fascinating animals you see here. You’ll find 22 of his photographs in this coloring book. They are shown as small reproductions on the inside front and back covers. When you color in these pictures, you might want to copy the photographs’ colors, or you might decide to use your own.
The last page of this book is blank so that you can draw and color your own picture. Do you have a favorite rainforest animal you’d like to draw?
- Sumatran tiger cub (Panthera tigris sumatrae)
- Tailed-jay butterfly (Graphium agamemnon)
- Blue and gold macaw (Ara ararauna)
- Bonobo (Pan paniscus)
- Green and black poison dart frog (Dendrobates auratus)
- Asian otters (Aonyx cinerea)
- Mandrill (Mandrillus sphinx)
- Monkey-tailed lizard (Polychrus marmoratus)
- Giant anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla)
- Pygmy marmoset (Cebuella pygmaea)
- Cobalt-winged parakeets (Brotogeris cyanoptera)
- Bornean orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus)
- Spiny-devil katydid (Panacanthus cuspidatus)
- Red-eyed tree frog (Agalychnis callidryas)
- Rainbow boa (Epicrates cenchria gaigei)
- Mona monkey (Cercopithecus mona)
- American crocodile (Crocodylus acutus)
- Brown-throated three-toed sloth (Bradypus variegatus)
- Atlas moth (Attacus atlas)
- Toco toucan (Ramphastos toco)
- Flower beetle (Eudicella gralli hubini)
- White-handed gibbon (Hylobates lar)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!