The last edition of the handbook (published in 1992) went out of print in 2005 and since then there have been huge advances in the study of Lepidoptera. This completely new edition includes many new topics, is almost twice the size of the last edition and contains many colour and black & white plates.
The latest edition of A Handbook for Lepidopterists was compiled and authored by Peter May with contributions from Colin Plant, Mark Lightowler, Jon Cooter, Jacqueline Ruffle, the late Mike Majerus, Chris Harlow, Nick Holford, the late Malcolm Simpson, Zoe Randle and Richard Fox.
- Basic field equipment
- Field methods
- Moth trapping
- Breeding considerations
- Adult to Ova
- Preparing the collection
- Housing the collection
- Pest control in the collection
- Appendix 1: Entomological societies
- Appendix 2: Entomological journals
- Appendix 3: Entomological dealers
- Appendix 4: Lepidoptera collections
- Appendix 5: Code of conduct for insect collecting
- Appendix 6: Recommended further reading
- Appendix 7: Local moth recorders by vice county
- Appendix 8: Butterfly local recording contacts and organisers
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!