1128 pages, colour illustrations
The 3rd edition of Jenkins' Anatomy & Physiology: From Science to Life offers many new and enhanced features. Each chapter of STL is designed and developed into manageable modules of content that place a conceptual order on the facts and terminology. This design is seamlessly mirrored in WileyPLUS for Anatomy & Physiology: From Science to Life. Furthermore, relevant case stories draw readers in, keep them connected to the content and provide the platform for developing the critical thinking skills so necessary for their professions.
Thoroughly revised and updated for this edition of Anatomy & Physiology: From Science to Life , the link between the case and the relevant anatomy and physiology in each chapter is even more closely connected. Actively engaging readers with the learning process is made simple with the integration of multiple and varied learning resources, including such dynamic assets as animations, iPod downloads, clinical connections, drill and practice labeling activities from cadavers to models to illustrations, virtual dissection experience with Real Anatomy, and creative interactive exercises and concept maps for reviewing material. These resources in Anatomy & Physiology: From Science to Life provide a wide range of learning style preferences and reinforce the focused design of the integrated text and media.
New to this edition:
- WileyPLUS is an innovative, research-based online environment that integrates relevant resources, including the entire digital textbook, in an easy-to-navigate framework. WileyPLUS engages and excites students about the content and builds their confidence. Tools for promoting individual initiative, ways to increase effectiveness, and help in achieving personal goals are all linked to measurable outcomes, ensuring that students always know how their efforts are benefiting them.
- Clinical Connections. A select group of Clinical Connection are being integrated back into the text with further selections incorporated as examples within WileyPLUS.
- All case stories have been edited with over half of them new to this edition. They have been replaced or updated based on the suggestions of my adopters and reviewers.
- Extensive revisions to the illustrations include more saturated colors, revised renderings of muscles, arteries and veins, lymphatics, and numerous other illustrations throughout the text.
- The Urinary System chapter has been thoroughly revised to offer more help and clarity for students with the difficult concepts within this system.
1 An Introduction to the Human Body
4 The Tissue Level of Organization
5 The Integumentary System
6 Introduction to the Skeletal System
7 The Axial Skeleton
8 The Appendicular Skeleton
10 Muscle Tissue
11 The Muscular System
12 Introduction to the Nervous System
13 The Central Nervous System
14 The Peripheral Nervous System
15 Sensory, Motor, and Integrative Systems
16 The Special Senses
17 The Endocrine System
18 The Cardiovascular System: The Blood
19 The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
20 The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Hemodynamics
21 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
22 The Respiratory System
23 The Digestive System
24 The Urinary System
25 The Reproductive Systems
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!