Books  Zoology  Reptiles & Amphibians  Amphibians 

Amphibians in Guangxi [Chinese]

Flora / Fauna

By: Zhang Yuixia(Author)

183 pages, 4 plates with illustrations, 89 illustrations

Huayu Nature Book Trade Co.Ltd

Hardback | Jan 2000 | #216310
Availability: Usually dispatched within 1-2 months Details
NHBS Price: £33.50 $44/€37 approx

About this book

Language: Chinese

Guangxi Province, located in the tropics and the subtropics, borders the tropical ocean in the south, and neighbours Yungui Plateau in the north. It has a plenty of rainfall and different plants, and is especially rich in amphibians.

More than 3800 specimens of amphibians belonging to 76 species, 25 genera, 10 families, 3 orders, have been collected from different places in Guangxi during the past 31 years. Among: New 1 species, New record 11 species of Guangxi, Superiority 10 species of Guangxi. Only can be seen the 7 species of Guangxi. In additon, there is another species, Megophrys boettgerti which has not been captured by the author but was described in previous literature. The total number of amphibian species is therefore, 76, 3 of which are widespread over the Palearctic and the Oriental Realm (4%), the rest (96%) belong to species of oriental Realm. From northern to southern Guangxi, the percentage of the species of Central China Elements of the respective district reduces from 28.98% to 13.9% while that of southern China Elements increases from 18.64% to 30.6%. According to the distribution of the amphibians in Guangxi, the southern and western districts of Guangxi may zoogeographically be divided into South China Region where as the northern and eastern districts into Central China Region, the former being south of the Tropic of cancer, and the latter north of the Tropic of cancer.

As to the division, Zhang Yuxia divideal Guangxi into four parts. In guilin, Eastern Guilin, western Guilin, anorthern Guilin and southern Guilin in 1987, later in 1995. She divided Guangxi province in the four zoogeographic divisions.

The tropical rain forests in Guangxi mainly distribute in a high temperature and humidity area, north boundary line 8000?, ?10?, the average radiation of sunshine is 420kJ/cm2 every year. And the average temperture around year is above 22?. There are lots of species, such as amphibian 3 order, 7 family, 21 genus, 36 species. There are 62 protected nature areas in Guangxi, about 18 thousand square kilometreo. It is 7.7 per cent of the whole Guangxi areas, ranking in the first place in China. There are also 11 protected natural area of the Tropical rain forests in Guangxi. Which are about 3706 square kilometers.

Write a review

There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!

Bestsellers in this subject

Amphibian Survey and Monitoring Handbook

NHBS Price: £29.99 $39/€34 approx

The Book of Frogs

NHBS Price: £29.99 $39/€34 approx

Amphibian Habitat Management Handbook

NHBS Price: £12.99 $17/€15 approx

Amphibians of Costa Rica

NHBS Price: £23.50 $31/€26 approx

VAT: GB 407 4846 44
NHBS Ltd is registered in England and Wales: 1875194