Series: SpringerBriefs in Systems Biology Volume: 7
130 pages, 1 colour & 11 b/w illustrations
The introduction of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies resulted in a major transformation in the way scientists extract genetic information from biological systems, revealing limitless insight about the genome, transcriptome and epigenome of any species. However, with NGS, came its own challenges that require continuous development in the sequencing technologies and bioinformatics analysis of the resultant raw data and assembly of the full length genome and transcriptome. Such developments lead to outstanding improvements of the performance and coverage of sequencing and improved quality for the assembled sequences, nevertheless, challenges such as sequencing errors, expensive processing and memory usage for assembly and sequencer specific errors remains major challenges in the field. Next Generation Sequencing Technologies and Challenges in Sequence Assembly aims to provide brief overviews the NGS field with special focus on the challenges facing the NGS field, including information on different experimental platforms, assembly algorithms and software tools, assembly error correction approaches and the correlated challenges.
- Basics of Molecular Biology for Next-generation Sequencing
- Algorithms and Data Structures in Next-generation Sequencing
- First- and Next-generations Sequencing Models
- Next-generation Sequencing Platforms
- Challenges in Next-generation Sequencing Field
- New Horizons in Next-generation Sequencing
- Novel Next-generation Sequencing Applications
- Next-generation Sequence Assembly Overview
- Approaches and Challenges of Next-generation Sequence Assembly Stages
- Assessment of Next-generation Sequence Assembly
- Next-generation Sequence Assemblers
- Concluding Remarks
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!