The success of international efforts to manage climate change depends on the participation of emerging economies. Knowledge Systems and Change in Climate Governance uses a comparative study of two of the most important, India and South Africa, to reveal new insights into managing climate change on a global scale. The book provides a unique in-depth analysis of how these two countries are dealing with climate change at both national and province levels, from India's advances in solar and wind energy development to South Africa's efforts to introduce a carbon tax.
Using the innovative theoretical framework of climate knowledge systems, it explores how people in India and South Africa engage with one other, learn and act by forming communities of practice. Knowledge Systems and Change in Climate Governance identifies the drivers and barriers of climate governance, showing how different forms of scientific, technological, normative and pragmatic knowledge can aid climate governance and analysing how the underlying mind-set that guides climate action in these countries is changing. This book is a valuable resource for students and scholars of environmental policy, politics and governance, as well as comparative politics, climate change and sustainable development.
1. Introduction: Climate Governance in India and South Africa
2. Why Connecting Learning, Networks and Change Makes Sense
3. Theorizing Knowledge, Practice and Change in Climate Governance. Chapter
4. A Mixed Methods Approach
5. Change in Figures: Regulatory Density, Clean Energy Investment and Carbon Disclosure
6. What the Experts Say: Survey Results
7. Features of a Knowledge System in India
8. Features of a Knowledge System in South Africa
9. Meta-Inference: Explanatory Power of the Concept Climate Knowledge System
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Babette Never is a researcher at the German Development Institute.
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985