Natural products are sought after by the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries, and research continues into their potential for new applications. Extraction of natural products in an economic and environmentally-friendly way is of high importance to all industries involved. Natural Product Extraction presents a holistic and in-depth view of the techniques available for extracting natural products, with modern and more environmentally-benign methods, such as ultrasound and supercritical fluids discussed alongside conventional methods.
Examples and case studies are presented, along with the decision-making process needed to determine the most appropriate method. Where appropriate, scale-up and process integration is discussed. Relevant to researchers in academia and industry, and students aiming for either career path, Natural Product Extraction presents a handy digest of the current trends and latest developments in the field with concepts of Green Chemistry in mind.
- Uses and applications of extracts from natural sources
- Extraction of natural products: Principles and fundamental aspects Introduction
- Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction
- Microwave assisted extraction
- Accelerated liquid extraction
- Supercritical Fluid Extraction
- Recent trends and perspectives for the extraction of natural products
- Post-Extraction Processes. Improvement of Functional Characteristics of Extracts
- Isolation and purification of natural products
- Scale-up of Extraction Processes
- Integration of Pressurized Fluids-Based Technologies for Natural Products Processing
- Economic Aspects
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Mauricio Rostagno is an analytical chemist based at the University of Campinas, Brazil. His research interests include modern extraction and analysis technqiues and materials, phytochemicals and natural products.