112 pages, colour illustrations
Investing in agriculture is one of the most effective ways of reducing hunger and poverty, promoting agricultural productivity and enhancing environmental sustainability. Covering the development of sustainable agriculture, food production and food security, Promoting Investment in Agriculture for Increased Production and Productivity explains the relationship between all levels of investment and their interdependence to be successful. It also describes how to drive increased investment, at what stage and where, providing a useful overview of investment in agriculture for policymakers and researchers.
2. The concept and definition of investment
3. Investment in agriculture for increased production and productivity
4. Empirical measurement of investment in agriculture: the evidence from available data and information
5. Who invests for farm level capital formation?
6. Drivers of investment in agriculture for increased production and productivity
7. Promoting investment for increased agricultural production and productivity
Annex 1 - Sources of investment Finance, selected country groups, 2002-2006
Annex 2 - The NEPAD-OECD Draft Policy Framework for Investment in Agriculture
Annex 3 - Non financial assets in the UN System of National Accounts
Annex 4 - A list of case studies
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Saifullah Syed is Senior Economist, Investment Centre Division, FAO. Masahiro Miyazako is Project Coordinator, Investment Centre Division, FAO