304 pages, Illustrations
The transport sector has been singularly unsuccessful in becoming low carbon and less resource intensive. Moving Towards Low Carbon Mobility takes an innovative and holistic social, cultural and behavioural perspective, as well as covering the more conventional economic and technological dimensions, to provide a more complete understanding of the mobility and transport system and its progress towards high carbon mobility. Moving Towards Low Carbon Mobility uses this platform to explore the means to achieve low carbon mobility through outlining alternative pathways, through an investigation of theories of change, and through alternative visions of the low carbon transport city.
Moving Towards Low Carbon Mobility's core message is that the complexity of the mobility and transport system should not encourage inaction, but strong and immediate action. In addition to implementing a wide range of policy measures, Moving Towards Low Carbon Mobility argues for a fundamental change in 'thinking' when it comes to transport policy, governance and analysis approaches, before low carbon mobility becomes a reality. Bringing together the latest thinking on transport, mobility and the environment, Moving Towards Low Carbon Mobility will appeal to researchers and students interested in sustainability issues and sustainable transport and transport related areas in particular, including policy makers as well as a more general professional audience.
1. Mobility, Transport and Carbon Moshe Givoni and David Banister
PART I: KEY ELEMENTS IN THE MOBILITY AND TRANSPORT SYSTEM
2. Mobility Cultures Eda Beyazit
3. Accessibility, Equity and Transport Julia Markovitch
4. Governance, Policy and Mobility Futures James Macmillen
5. Urbanisation and Future Mobility Robin Hickman
6. Unpacking Travel Behaviour Malek Al-Chalabi
7. Technology Justin Bishop
8. Future Energy Mix and Transport Martino Tran
9. Finance and Investment in Transport Nihan Akyelken
10. Supply Chains Jian Liu
11. Transport and Environment Andre Neves
12. Mobility as a Complex System: Key Elements and Interactions James Macmillan
PART II: TOWARDS LOW CARBON MOBILITY
13. Alternative Pathways to Low Carbon Mobility Moshe Givoni
14. Sociotechnical Transition in the Transport System Tim Schwanen
15. City Transport in a Post Carbon Society David Banister
16. Thinking Change and Changing Thinking David Banister, Moshe Givoni, James Macmillen and Tim Schwanen
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!