By: Y Yasuda(Author), H Kitagawa(Author), K Yamada(Author), M Okuno(Author), Masayuki Takahashi(Author)
What Annually Laminated Sediments Reveal About the History of Environment and Civilization presents a proposal for interdisciplinary and international research that uses varve as an essential tool. The discovery and subsequent palaeoenvironmental studies of the annually laminated sediments of Lake Suigetsu (Japan) revealed the directionality of a new discipline in the traditional field of historical science. The historical evidence of environmental changes and natural disasters provided by annually laminated sediments promote an integration of human and natural histories on a common time scale. To explore the impact of climatic changes and natural disasters on civilized society in the present and past, we simply open this door and enter a new phase in world history. The high resolution data about environmental history like climate, sea level, vegetation changes and natural disasters under the most reliable varve chronology will be discussed in relation to the development of human history and the rise and fall of civilizations. What Annually Laminated Sediments Reveal About the History of Environment and Civilization shows the direction of a new world history and new cosmology of the future civilization in relation to the environmental changes.
- The longest varve chronology from Lake Suigetsu: cutting-edge research on varved sediments in Japan
- Synchronizing all the varve clocks in the world
- Mid-latitude climatic changes
- Environmental reconstruction on a human time scale
- Earthquake, tsunami, and flood disasters in historic and prehistoric times
- Volcanic eruptions and tephra
- Integration of human and natural histories
- Assessment of the impact of climatic changes and natural disasters on civilized society
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
This really is first rate customer service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985