560 pages, 556 colour photos and colour illustrations, 21 b/w photos
Parasitology: A Conceptual Approach focuses on the conceptual basis of parasitology, with the goal of providing students with an enriched view of parasites and their biology. Concentrating on concepts will enable readers to gain a broader perspective that will increase their ability to think critically about all kinds of parasitic associations. The interfaces between the study of parasitism and prominent biological disciplines such as biodiversity, immunology, ecology, evolution, conservation biology, and disease control are highlighted.
Studying individual parasites is an essential part of parasitology so Parasitology: A Conceptual Approach contains an appendix which provides a concise overview of the biology of important human and veterinary parasites. End-of-chapter questions are provided, as is an instructor manual.
1. An Introduction to Parasitism
2. An Overview of Parasite Diversity
3. The Parasite's Way of Life
4. Host Defense and Parasite Evasion
5. Parasite vs. Host: Pathology and Disease
6. The Ecology of Parasitism
7. The Evolutionary Biology of Parasitism
8. Parasites and Conservation Biology
9. The Challenge of Parasite Control
10. The Future of Parasitology
The Rogues' Gallery:
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!