292 pages, 34 plates
As a result of its variety in the environment China is a country rated rich in the world in respect of its plant resources. Abort 30 thousand species are from the high plant distributed in different areas and composed of different vegetation. The deciduous or evergreen coniferous or broad-leaf forests are in most parts of China. There are areas of shrubby vegetation, meadows, steppes, desert and cold desert in alpine or or subalpine parts, especially in Qinghai-Xizang Plateau, of N., N.-W. and S.-W. China, and savanna in the small regional areas of S.-W. and S. China.
Also there are regional aquatic and marsh vegetation at lower levels or in lakes and rivers. There are many regional and endemic plants in China, but many more are the wide-distributional species that also distribute abroad, as in world-wide, Eurasia, E. Asia-N. America, S. Asia-Australia, Asia-Africa or Pan-tropic distributions. About 1/10 species of high plants and a few low plants in China have been used medicinally and there are now about 400 species used in common drugs.
4. Significance of Plant Taxonomy and Other Branches of Botany, such as Plant Geography, plant Ecology and Plant Chemistry in Researching into the Medicinal Plants
5. Plant Morphological or Taxonomic Terms and Diagrams, Concerned with the Materia Medica in Identifying the Medicinal Plants
6. A Sketch of Classification of Medicinal Plants
(1) General Survey of Medicinal Plants from SPOROPHYTA
(2) Medicinal Plants from SPERMATOPHYTA
7. On the Functions and Applications of Medicinal Plants in Clinical Practice or the Traditional Uses Among the people in China
10. On the Author, Dr., Prof. Ling Yeou-ruenn
12. Appendix: Accounts for the Medicinal Plants from Spermatohyta in China
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!