Series: Hazards and Disasters
812 pages, 150 colour illustrations
Snow and Ice-Related Hazards, Risks, and Disasters provides you with the latest scientific developments in glacier surges and melting, ice shelf collapses, paleo-climate reconstruction, sea level rise, climate change implications, causality, impacts, preparedness, and mitigation. It takes a geo-scientific approach to the topic while also covering current thinking about directly related social scientific issues that can adversely affect ecosystems and global economies.
- Glacier Surges
- Ice-shelf Collapse
- Spatial variability of rates & acceleration of ice mass loss & contribution to sea-level rise
- Most likely cumulative sea-level rise by decade
- Permafrost loss by decade
- Decadal contributions to atmospheric change by permafrost loss
- Sea ice and icebergs
- Implications of Climate Change
- Cryospheric changes & feedbacks to weather changes
- Community responses & preparedness to cryospheric changes
- Economics of cryospheric changes
- Infrastructure development in light of associated coastal & other changes
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!