From the preface:
"The development of Fisheries is very well linked up with the advancement of fish biology research. Various aspects of this problem were discussed in a National Symposium at Bhagalpur.
Invitations to speakers were given so as to bring together scientist not only with specialist interest in fisheries, but also biologists concerned with ecological conditions of the hill streams and rivers, nutrition, growth and reproduction in fishes and application of new techniques for understanding the intricate respiratory, circulatory and digestive system of fishes. The genetic make up of different species of fishes must be known for their propagation, production and conservation. There are seventeen papers in this book written by well established scientist.
It is hoped that each chapter is self consistent. The papers in Advances in Fish Research, Volume 3 address a wide and varied area of knowledge. The aim of the editors was mainly to produce a volume of uniform style and format. The scientific contents of these papers are very much the author's own.
The book will be useful for the students, teachers, as well as the fishery biologist."
1. Fishery economics of the Kosi river system (North Bihar): problems of marketing and its management/P.K. Thakur, L.K. Choudhary and J.S. Datta Munshi
2. Status, biology and conservation of the Himalayan Mahseers in Nepal/Tej Kumar Shrestha
3. Fish nutrition-nutritional requirements, digestibility and feed formulations/B.N. Singh
4. Growth studies in fishes/K.K. Tondan and M.S. Johal
5. Superiority of fraser-lea equation over VBGF/M.S. Johal and K.K. Tondan
6. Secondary productivity of freshwater aquatic system/S.P. Roy
7. Disturbing trend indicating decline in catch and size of Schizothorax Richardsoni and threats to its breeding habitats/Y.R. Malhotra, S.P.S. Dutta, Subhas Chander Gupta and C. Shekhar
8. Some aspects of ecology of hill streams; stream morphology, zonation, characteristics and adaptive features of ichthyofauna in Garhwal Himalaya/H.R. Singh and Neeraj Kumar
9. Scanning election microscopic study of the intestinal epithelium and morphometric measurements of its surface area in an Indian air-breathing catfish, Claris magur (Linn.)/Amita Moitra and J.S. Datta Munshi
10. Development, origin and evolution of the neo-morphic air—breathing organs in Teleosts/B.R. Singh
11. Morphometrics of fish gills: a review/Jagdish Ojha
12. Modern methods in the study of fish vasculature/T.K. Ghosh and J.S. Datta Munshi
13. Cephalic circulation in certain Indian air breathing Teleostean fishes/J.S. Datta Munshi
14. Fish haematology: a review of Indian works/P.K. Pandey, P.K. Thakur, B.P. Choudhary and J.S. Datta Munshi
15. Water and electrolyte metabolism in freshwater fish/N.D.P. Sinha
16. Reproductive endocrinology: some events and temporal relationship of related hormones in some freshwater Teleosts/T.P. Singh, B. Lal and A.K. Yadav
17. Cytogenetic trends in modern fish biology research/G.K. Manna
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!