The Batlogger C is a full spectrum ultrasound recorder housed in a robust carrying case, designed for the passive monitoring of bats.
Ultrasonic calls (range: 10-150kHz) are recorded with the weatherproof high quality FG microphone in 16-bit full spectrum to retain details of the amplitude and harmonic structure of the original bat signal. The Batlogger C also records the GPS coordinates (via an integrated GPS receiver), and environmental temperature at the time of recording. Different recording settings (scheduled, permanent, or instant), and different trigger thresholds (for call identification) can be set up. An integrated GSM module provides SMS and email function as well as providing an SMS alarm to protect against theft.
The Batlogger C is housed in a waterproof (IP67) case with carrying handle and fixing mounts for a cable lock. A backlit display makes operation easy in the dark. The FG-black microphone is attached via an extension cable which has a newly designed protective tube. It is powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries although an external solar panel or power supply can also be used.
The Batlogger C comes with free BatExplorer Software for Windows which allows you to manage your recordings easily and quickly. You can listen to the recordings, expanded in time and thus in the audible range. Filter and sort to find the relevant data. Import, export and backup features simplify the handling of a large number of recordings. Thanks to the Batlogger's integrated GPS you can also see where calls were recorded. Analysis is easy with BatExplorer because the software automatically detects bat calls and displays them. Customizable spectrogram with zoom and measuring aids facilitate manual species identification whilst BatExplorer also includes computer-aided identification of species with the help of an integrated bat species library (European species). Requires Windows Media Player version 11 or above.
Free software is also available for Mac users (BatScope) to analyse and manage recordings. BatScope allows you to transfer recordings from your Batlogger C to a structured and easily searchable database from where you can view spectrograms and automatically analyse and classify calls to species. It also enables you to cut long recordings into single bat calls. GPS data from the Batlogger C can also be extracted for use with Google Maps/Earth. Requires a minimum of OS X 10.6 and 1 (preferably 2) GB RAM.
The Batlogger C is covered by a 2 year warranty, please note that this does not include the microphone.
Please note that the power cable included with the Batlogger C has a European plug.
* Dimensions (WxLxD): 224 x 191 x 99mm
* Weight: 1.55kg (1 battery), 1.8kg (2 battery)
* Protection: IP67 (except microphone capsule)
* Battery: One or two 7.2V, 6900mAh Li-ion battery pack BP-945
* Operating time: Approx 5 nights a 10h, per battery pack
* Mains operation: 10 - 26 VDC, minimum 20W
* Power supply with 24V DC, 24W, 100 - 240V AC (included)
* Direct connection of photovoltaic module is possible
* Sampling: 312.5 kHz, 16-bit, full spectrum
* Microphone: Ultrasonic microphone, FG-black
* Waterproof cable: 2m
* Sensitivity range: 10 - 150kHz
* Recording duration: 0 - 53.5s, pre- and post-trigger adjustable
* Trigger modes: Manual, Continuous, Crest Adv, Crest, Period
* Programmable time intervals: Two per day
* Interval recording: Recordings with preset pause time
* Audio out/Playback earplug (3.5mm plug); heterodyne (incl. live-monitoring); time expansion (pitch 1 - 20)
* File formats: *.wav, *.xml, *.kml, *.log
* Storage media: SD/SDHC/SDXC - cards (SD 2.0) max. 256 GB, FAT32 formated
* Settings and configuration: BATPARS Editor (WIN, MAC)
* Analysis and species identification: BatExplorer (WIN); BatScope (MAC)
* GSM: Integrated GSM/GPRS module; Quadband (850/900/1800/1900 MHz); Standard SIM - card slot; Internal oder external antenna; SMS and/or e-mail messages
* GNS / location: Integrated GPS/GLONASS receiver; Coordinates, altitude, time; Manual set location
Replacement weatherproof microphone (FG-Black)
One metre microphone cable with integrated test function
Position your microphone at a height of up to 2m with this telescopic tripod
This flexible tripod will allow you to attach your microphone to a branch, post or other suitable objects
This Li-ion battery will increase the battery life of the Batlogger C by an additional 50 hours
Charge the Li-ion battery from your Batlogger C independently of the detector with this mains charger
Using a solar panel will vastly increase the deployment time of the Batlogger C
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!