Series: Syntheses in Limnogeology Volume: 1
210 pages, 98 colour & 61 b/w illustrations
Stratigraphy and Paleolimnology of the Green River Formation, Western USA presents a suite of detailed stratigraphic and sedimentologic investigations of the Eocene Green River Formation of Wyoming, Colorado and Utah, one of the world's foremost terrestrial archives of lacustrine and alluvial deposition during the warmest portion of the early Cenozoic. Its twelve chapters encompass the rich and varied record of lacustrine stratigraphy, sedimentology, geochronology, geochemistry and paleontology. Chapters 2-9 provide detailed member-scale synthesis of Green River Formation strata within the Greater Green River, Fossil, Piceance Creek and Uinta Basins, while its final two chapters address its enigmatic evaporite deposits and ichnofossils at broad, interbasinal scale.
1. Introduction to the Green River Formation Michael Elliot Smith and Alan R. Carroll
2. Initiation of Eocene lacustrine sedimentation in the Greater Green River Basin: Luman Member of the Green River Formation Brooke Ann Norsted, Alan R. Carroll, Michael Elliot Smith
3. Lacustrine sedimentology, stratigraphy and stable isotope geochemistry of the Tipton Member of the Green River Formation Jennifer Walker Graf, Alan R. Carroll, Michael Elliot Smith
4. Stratigraphic Expression of Climate, Tectonism, and Geomorphic Forcing in an Underfilled Lake Basin: Wilkins Peak Member of the Green River Formation M. Elliot Smith, Alan R. Carroll and Jennifer J. Scott
5. Lake Type Transition from Balanced-Fill to Overfilled: Laney Member, Green River Formation, Washakie Basin, Wyoming Meredith K. Rhodes and Alan R. Carroll
6. Stratigraphy and Interbasinal Correlations between Fossil and the Green River Basin, Wyoming H. Paul Buchheim, Roberto E. Biaggi, and Robert A. Cushman, Jr
7. Sedimentology of the world class organic-rich lacustrine system, Piceance basin, Colorado Kati Tanavsuu-Milkeviciene and J. Frederick Sarg
8. Mineralogy of the Green River Formation in the Piceance Creek Basin, Colorado Jeremy Boak and Sheven Poole
9. Facies, stratigraphic architecture, and lake evolution of the oil shale bearing Green River Formation, eastern Uinta Basin, Utah Morgan J. Rosenberg, Lauren P. Birgenheier, Michael D. Vanden Berg
10. Phosphatic carbonate shale of the "Bird's Nest Saline Zone", upper Green River Formation, Uinta Basin, Utah Dave Keighley
11. Evaporites of the Green River Formation, Bridger and Piceance Creek Basins: Deposition, Diagenesis, Paleobrine Chemistry, and Eocene Atmospheric CO2 Elliot A. Jagniecki, Tim K. Lowenstein
12. Trace fossils of the Eocene Green River lake basins, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado Jennifer J. Scott, Michael Elliot Smith
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!