By: Veronica Roodt (Author)
304 pages, 600 colour photos, colour illustrations, and b/w line drawings
An accessible reference to the grasses and grazers of this region, Veronica Roodt's book details the fascinating ways in which these plants and animals have evolved together. Grasses & Grazers of Botswana and the Surrounding Savanna covers:
- some 100 grass species (includes sketches and photographs of each species) that are preferred livestock and wild game fodder and that serve as indicators of veld condition
- the role of grasses in the food chain
- grass anatomy and growth
- how grazers have evolved to survive on grasses, both physically and in terms of their behaviour
- significant grazers that occur in the region and that play a vital role in shaping the savanna biome
- effective grassland management practices.
Nature lovers, farmers, students and tourists who seek an in-depth look at the interactions between grasses and the grazers that depend on them for life need look no further than this invaluable guide.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have never been so pleased with the quality of service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985