Series: ABRS Identification Series
USB Flash Drive with 9,000 colour photos and colour illustrations
EUCLID is the definitive electronic identification and information system for Australian eucalypts, which has now been expanded to include northern Australia. Covering the morphology - habit, bark, leaves, flowers, fruits, buds, seeds and juveniles - and some geographic and ecological information, this is a simple means of naming a eucalypt plant or specimen using whatever information is available to you. Easy to navigate fact sheets for each species include a botanical description, common name, the formal scientific name together with nomenclatural synonyms, geographic and ecological information, and notes covering relationships, distinguishing features and other species it might be confused with.
This information is complemented with over 9,000 high-quality colour images covering each species, illustrating all the main features of the plant, and a map showing natural distribution. This product has been updated to use the Lucid software version 3.5.
Features in the Third Edition:
- An additional 204 taxa compared with second edition, a total of 894 taxa
- Over 2,200 new images, with more than 9,000 images in total
- Now includes flowering times
- Type photographs for many eucalypt names
- Comparative notes for discrimination of species in many large eucalypt groups
- Java Virtual Machine v1.4.2 or greater
- Windows 2000 (SP3) / XP / VISTA / Win7 / Win8 (32 or 64 bit editions of Windows are supported);Macintosh OS X 10.4 or greater; Linux that supports J2RE, such as Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu; Solaris 7, 8, 9 or 10
- Note: Please note that Lucid will run under Windows 98 / ME / NT4 however these are unsupported platforms
- System memory: Windows 256 MB RAM (512 MB or greater recommended); Macintosh/Linux/Solaris 512 MB or greater
- Screen Resolution: Minimum of 1024 × 768 pixels
- Web browser: Java-enabled web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!