The development and deployment of membrane technologies continues to advance thanks to innovative materials and novel engineering approaches. Membranes for clean and renewable power applications introduces the principles and concepts of membrane technology and explores the use of this technology in clean energy applications.
Chapters in part one introduce the utilization of membrane technology in the production of clean and renewable power and the combining of membrane processes with renewable energy technologies. Part two focusses on membranes for biofuel production and processing including membranes and membrane reactors for the production of biodiesel and second generation biofuels. Part three discusses membranes for syngas, hydrogen and oxygen production and processing. Chapters highlight steam reforming of biofuels for the production of hydrogen-rich gas A., perovskite membrane reactors, and environmental analysis of hydrogen-methane blends for transportation. Chapters in part four explore membranes for fuel cells including ceramic membranes for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC), microbial fuel cells, and direct bioethanol fuel cells. Finally, part five discusses membranes integrated with solar, wind energy and water-related applications including membrane technologies for solar-hydrogen production, solar-desalination plants, and the storage as methane of energy generated by wind power and other renewable sources. A final chapter introduces wastewater processing, energy conservation and energy generation.
Membranes for Clean and Renewable Power Applications is a comprehensive resource for professionals and consultants in the clean and renewable energy industry, membrane and materials scientists and professionals, and academics and researchers in the field.
Part 1 Introduction
- An introduction to the utilization of membrane technology in the production of clean and renewable power
- Combining membrane processes with renewable energy technologies: Perspectives on membrane desalination, biofuels and biogas production, and microbial fuel cells
Part 2 Membranes for biofuel production and processing
- Membrane processes for biofuel separation: an introduction
- Membranes and membrane reactors for the production of second generation biofuels
- Membrane reactors for biodiesel production
Part 3 Membranes for syngas, hydrogen and oxygen production and processing
- Steam reforming of biofuels for the production of hydrogen-rich gas
- Perovskite membrane reactors: Fundamentals and applications for oxygen production, syngas production and hydrogen processing
- Environmental analysis of hydrogen-methane blends for transportation
Part 4 Membranes for fuel cells
- Ceramic membranes for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC): state-of-the-art and perspectives
- Microbial fuel cells: transformation of wastes into clean energy
- Direct bioethanol fuel cells
Part 5 Membranes integrated with solar and wind energy and for water-related applications
- Membrane technologies for solar-hydrogen production
- Membrane technologies for solar-desalination plants
- Membrane technologies for the storage as methane of energy generated by wind power and other renewable sources
- Forward osmosis: Introduction and applications for wastewater processing, energy conservation and energy generation
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Annarosa Gugliuzza works at the Institute on Membrane Technology-Italian National Research Council (ITM-CNR), Italy.
Angelo Basile is a senior researcher at the Institute on Membrane Technology (ITM) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), Italy. He is currently researching H2 production and CO2 capture using Pd-based membrane technology and has edited and authored numerous books and articles on hydrogen as an energy source. Professor Basile is also an associate editor of the Internal Journal of Hydrogen Energy.