240 pages, 200+ colour photos, colour & b/w illustrations, colour distribution maps
The new edition of this popular field guide has been fully updated and revised, making it one of the most comprehensive guides to the mammals of the southern African sub-region. It can be bought as a book only, or a book plus Callfinder that allows playback of vocalisations from the pages of the field guide.
- Expanded number of smaller mammal species as well as eight of the more abundant sea mammals
- An easy-to-use key to identify the mammals
- A sketch indicating the size of the mammal in relation to a human profile
- Detailed species description, including information on the conservation status, food, sexual dimorphism, life expectancy, enemies, habitat, habits and breeding of 137 of the regionfs mammal species
- More than 200 excellent colour photographs illustrating sexual dimorphism and different subspecies where applicable
- For the first time the mammal "calls" can be heard from the pages of this field guide when using the Callfinder (an optional extra).
- Colour photographs and illustrations of field signs such as droppings and spoors.
- Updated distribution maps of all the species.
Mammal Guide of Southern Africa is a must for every tourist, hiker and nature lover to enjoy at home and when visiting Southern Africa's National Parks and game reserves.
Also available as book plus audio pen
The new edition of this popular field guide has been fully revised and...
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Burger Cillié grew up in a home where photography and a love for nature was high priority. Wildlife photography soon became his favourite hobby and led to him being a well-known nature photographer and author. Burger’s first book, The Mammal Guide of Southern Africa, published by Briza Publications became a bestseller and was subsequently also published in Afrikaans and German. He authored a pocket guide on mammals as well, is co-author of four photographic bird field guides and two park-specific guides of Southern Africa.