Series: Springer Handbook of Auditory Research Volume: 52
458 pages, 39 colour & 22 b/w illustrations
The Primary Auditory Neurons of the Mammalian Cochlea details the essential role of the spiral ganglion neurons, elucidates and characterizes their development, their environment, their electrophysiological characteristics, their connectivity to their targets in the inner ear and the brain, and discusses the potential for their regeneration. A comprehensive review about the spiral ganglion neurons is important for researchers not only in the inner ear field but also in development, neuroscience, biophysics as well as neural networks researchers.
The chapters of The Primary Auditory Neurons of the Mammalian Cochlea are authored by leading researchers in the field.
- Connecting the Inner Ear to the Central Auditory System: Molecular Development and Characteristics of the Primary Auditory Neurons and Their Network by Alain Dabdoub and Bernd Fritzsch
- Early Development of the Spiral Ganglion by Lisa V. Goodrich
- Neurotrophic Factor Function during Ear Development: Expression Changes Define Critical Phases for Neuronal Viability by Bernd Fritzsch, Jennifer Kersigo, Tian Yang, Israt Jahan, and Ning Pan
- The Electrophysiological Signature of Spiral Ganglion Neurons by Robin L. Davis and Robert A. Crozier
- The Ribbon Synapse Between Type I Spiral Ganglion Neurons and Inner Hair Cells by Mark A. Rutherford and Tobias Moser
- Central Projections of Spiral Ganglion Neurons by Michael A. Muniak, Catherine J. Connelly, Kirupa Suthakar, Giedre Milinkeviciute, Femi E. Ayeni, and David K. Ryugo
- The Spiral Ganglion in an Out-of-Body Experience: a Brief History of In Vitro Studies of the Spiral Ganglion by Steven H. Green, Erin M. Bailey, Jonathan C. Kopelovich, and Marlan R. Hansen
- Loss, Degeneration, and Preservation of the Spiral Ganglion Neurons and Their Processes by Hainan Lang
- Stem Cells for the Replacement of Auditory Neurons by Bryony A. Nayagam and Albert S. B. Edge
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!