The BatCounter uses a network of infrared beams to count passing bats or other small animals, as well as recording the direction of their movement. It is constructed from high quality, black anodized aluminium and can be fixed to a suitable location such as an entrance to a roost site within a building (M6 eyebolts for fixing included). Bats will fly through the frame, triggering infrared beams allowing population size of a bat roost to be determined as well as timings of movement to and from the roost. The BatCounter can be powered by eight AA batteries (included) or using the supplied power cable (12V) which is ideal for extended periods of operation. High quality AA batteries will power the unit for approximately three days. The BatCounter can also be used as a trigger for a Nikon or Canon DSLR camera, enabling you to get great action shots of passing bats or small birds.
The number of animals passing through the BatCounter are recorded as a .csv or .txt file onto a supplied SD card (up to 32GB supported). With the use of a SIM card (not included), a text message or email can also be sent to a mobile phone on a schedule, enabling daily totals, reports and warnings to be obtained without the need for physically accessing and checking the BatCounter. Please note that an IP67 (weatherproof) GSM antenna with SMA connector is required for this and the BatCounter must be in a location with mobile reception.
Two sizes of BatCounter are available. The large model has a frame size of 80 x 39 x 7cm and an active detection area of 76 x 35cm. The small model has a frame size of 40 x 39 x 7cm and an active detection area of 36 x 35cm. The minimum detection size of both models is 25mm.
The BatCounter includes:
* 1 x BatCounter
* 1 x Carrying strap
* 1 x Camera cable
* 8 x AA batteries
* 1 x SD card
* 4 x M6 eyebolts
Standard shipping for the BatCounter is free within Europe. If you are based outside of Europe or you require express shipping, please contact us for a quotation.
* Detection technique: 32 modulated IR barrier beams detecting direction
* Minimum detection size: ≥ 25 mm
* Frame size/weight (Standard Model): 80 x 39 x 7cm, 2800g
* Frame size/weight (Tree Model): 40 x 39 x 7cm, 2200g
* Active detection area (Standard Model): 76 x 35cm
* Active detection area (Tree Model): 36 x 35cm
* Mounting: 4 x M6 eyebolts are supplied to hang the BatCounter
* Power supply: 8 x AA batteries or external 12V (10 - 16V)
* Power consumption: ≤ 40 mA under normal use. (Approx. 3 days on fresh Varta “High Energy” AA batteries)
* Memory: SD Card, FAT16 or FAT32.
* Configuration: Configuration via file on SD card
* Field software updates: Via SD Card update files.
* File formats: CSV or TXT
* User interface: Shows system status. Protected by a removable aluminium cover
* GSM functionalities:
- Warnings: SMS/Email
- Daily totals: SMS/Email
- Daily reports: Email
* GSM: An IP67 GSM antenna with SMA connector, SIM card and network coverage are required to use this feature
* Clock: Internal realtime clock
* Clock Accuracy: ±3 min/year (0°C - +50°C) ±6 min/year (-10°C - +60°C)
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!