This exquisitely detailed full-color field guide, by biologist and herbal and medical plant expert Jim Meuninck, provides identification, practical information, and skills for the location of and use of medicinal plants. The pages of Medicinal Plants of North America re-connect us to our roots and the knowledge that medicinal plants and wild plant foods provide the chemicals every body needs to obtain optimum health and prevent disease.
1) What Are Medicinal Plants?
2) Medicinal Plants of Yards, Prairies, Roadsides, and Meadows
3) Medicinal Herbs of Eastern Forested Areas
4) Woody Plants of Eastern Forests, Yards, Meadows, and Roadsides
5) Medicinal Herbs of Wetlands
6) Woody Wetland Plants
7) Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West
8) Medicinal Plants of the West Coast
9) Medicinal Plants of the Desert
10) Appendix A: Longevity Index
11) Appendix B: Jim Meuninck's Top-Eleven Garden Herbs
12) Appendix C: Helpful Web Sites
13) Appendix D: References and Resources
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
JJim Meuninck is a biologist and counselor who, for more than thirty years, has studied the use of wild plants as food and medicine in North America, Europe, Central America, Japan, and China. Jim specializes in ethnobotanical media. He lives on the shores of Eagle Lake, in Edwardsburg, Michigan.
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985