425 pages, 32 colour & 117 b/w illustrations, 60 colour tables
Environmental Project Management: Principles, Methodology, and Processes offers a new framework that facilitates the development of more intelligent systems and methods for data analysis and international information sharing, such as the use of satellite imaging and geospatial data to predict changes in weather conditions and shifts in water levels, and to assess the extent of the forest cover remaining on Earth that is visible from space. It brings together the many aspects of science and technology, as well as formula and analytical approaches required for more informed decision-making. It also highlights the vital importance of understanding the technological, economic and social dimensions of environmental projects that have short-term results and long-term impacts.
It is unique in that it clearly distinguishes between environmental project management (EnvPM) and green project management (GreenPM), and presents an amalgamation of environmental management and project management concepts, using geospatial methods to form an EnvPM concept. Environmental Project Management: Principles, Methodology, and Processes sets a benchmark for the professionalism with which environmental projects should be planned, executed, monitored, assessed and delivered. While primarily intended for professionals responsible for the management of environmental projects or interested in improving the overall efficiency of such projects, it is also a useful handbook for managers in the private, public and non-for-profit sectors. It is a valuable resource for students at both undergraduate and master's levels and an indispensable guide for anyone wanting to develop their skills in modern project management, environmental management and geospatial techniques.
"This book provides an in-depth, well-researched and science-based approach to applying key project-management and spatial tools and practices in environmental projects. An important read for leaders considering projects that balance social-economic growth against minimising its ill-effects on Planet Earth."
– Todd Hutchison, Global Chairman of Peopleistic group.
- The Need to Protect and Conserve The Environment
- The Need for Environmental Project Management
- Environmental Project Management Methodology
- Essential Project Management Functions
- Broad Framework for Environmental Project Management
- Environmental Project Economics
- Environmental Risk and Decision Analysis
- Geospatial Tools and Techniques
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Remote Sensing
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Web GIS and Mapping
- Geospatial in support of EIA, SEA, and SA
- Project Management Toolbox
- Project Management Techniques
- Implementing Environmental Project Management
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!