Please note shipping requirements: This box must be delivered on a pallet incurring a minimum shipping charge of £35.00 plus VAT for standard delivery in the UK. We will advise you of the actual cost by email before we process your order.
This large wooden bat box has been specially designed to attract maternity colonies of crevice dwelling bats such as common and soprano pipistrelles. Treated externally with a black non-toxic preservative, the box will absorb and retain heat from the sun which is further retained by the three internal ceramic panels. These panels also divide the internal chamber into three crevices, which provide bats such as pipstrelles with the roosting environment that they prefer.
A bat ladder at the base of the box provides easy access and the 17mm wide entrance slot is a good size for bats, whilst being small enough to deter birds from entering. The bottom entrance slot also means that any droppings will fall out so no maintenance is required.
Boxes can be sited on a tree or wall using the six mounting holes at the top and bottom of the box. Aluminium nails or screws and wall plugs should be used to fix the box to a suitable surface and are not provided.
* Materials: FSC exterior grade European birch plywood, ceramic inserts
* Construction: Panels stapled together with surface sunk staples
* Finish: External surfaces treated with water-based non-toxic, non-volatile wood treatment
* Dimensions: 78cm H x 35cm W x 14cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide slot
* Internal: Three internal crevices approximately 20mm wide with three ceramic inserts
* Weight: 16kg
* Access: Removable roof, secured with two screws
* Fixing: Six fixing holes in back panel for fixing to wall or tree
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985