A pole mounted box is ideal for siting in locations where there are no suitable trees and walls to attach a roost to. They also allow you to position your box or boxes where they can get the maximum amount of sunlight.
This large colony bat box has been specially designed to attract maternity colonies of crevice dwelling bats such as common and soprano pipistrelles. It provides a bigger roost space than the pole mounted maternity bat box. Treated externally with a black non-toxic preservative, the box will absorb and retain heat from the sun which is further retained by the three internal ceramic panels. These panels also divide the internal chamber into three crevices, which provide bats such as pipstrelles with the roosting environment that they prefer.
The pole mounted large colony box includes either one or two large colony bat boxes along with a 4m aluminium pole. These large wooden boxes attach to the pole using fixing rails (fixings included). If using the two box option, the boxes are attached back to back which provides bats with a choice of environments and thermal conditions. The pole should be sunk around 1m into the ground for stability. However, as ground conditions vary, it is advised that a builder or structural engineer is consulted before installing this box.
Please note - this item will be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer in two parts, with the pole being sent in one 4m length. Shipping charge will be a minimum of £35 + VAT for mainland UK locations. We will advise you of the exact shipping cost by email before we process your order.
* Pole: Aluminium, 4m long, 76mm diameter
* Box: FSC exterior grade European birch
* Materials: Plywood with ceramic inserts
* Box construction: Panels stabled together with surface sunk staples
* Finish: External surfaces treated with water-based, non-toxic, non-volatile wood treatment
* Single box dimensions: 78cm H x 34cm W x 13cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide
* Internal: Three crevices approximately 20mm wide with three ceramic inserts
* Weight (box): 16kg
* Weight (pole): 11kg
* Access: Removable roof secured with two screws
* Fixing: Rail/screw/clip fixing system for attaching box to pole
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!