There is renewed interest in the Moon in recent years, with the news that a Chinese lunar rover landed on the Moon in January 2014, and NASA announcing that it is looking for private partners to land a robot on the Moon's surface, as the first step in a programme to exploit the commercial opportunities offered by the Moon. Recent lunar expeditions by both orbiting spacecraft and 'landers' have uncovered far more detail about the Moon's surface and geology, including the trail of Neil Armstrong's first walk on the Moon in 1969. Moon Owners' Workshop Manual explains in simple and straightforward terms, with a wealth of illustrations and photographs, what we have discovered about the Moon over the centuries, along with a general overview of the vehicles involved in the exploration.
- The Moon in the sky - the motions of the Moon in the sky, explaining its orbit around the Earth, illumination phases and oscillations
- Telescopic mapping - the early telescopic observations and subsequent mapping of the Moon
- What we knew prior to the Space Age - a summary of what we knew about the Moon prior to the first exploratory visits by man and his machines
- Space missions - probes, landers, orbiters and manned missions, their objectives and the discoveries they made
- The Moon today - a summary of our knowledge of the Moon today, and the potential for future exploration, including the search for ice in the polar regions
- Appendix providing details of all pertinent space missions to the Moon
- A complimentary Manual to Planet Earth Manual, Apollo 11 Manual and Lunar Rover Manual
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
David M. Harland has written extensively about space and astronautics with two dozen books to his name. These include the highly regarded Exploring the Moon: The Apollo Expeditions and Apollo 11: The First Men on the Moon. He also authored How NASA Learned to Fly in Space: An Exciting Account of the Gemini Missions, and co-authored the Haynes NASA Gemini Manual.
Your orders support book donation projects
We welcome the range and price of boxes available and have been delighted with the speedy service compared to other suppliers.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985