By: EG Pringsheim (Author), FE Fritsch (Foreword By)
134 pages, b/w illustrations
Originally published in 1946, Pure Cultures of Algae presents an account of the practical conclusions reached by the author during many years of experimentation with algae, drawing attention to the possibilities opened up by algae cultures. The text provides a guide to the methodology behind growing algae and the treatment and utilization of cultures. References are also included. Pure Cultures of Algae will be of value to anyone with an interest in algae and the history of science.
Foreword F. E. Fritsch
2. Selection and preparation
3. Implements and media for growing algae
4. Plating methods for making pure cultures
5. The pipetting or washing method
6. Brief résumé of the modes of preparation of pure cultures
7. Treatment and utilization of cultures
8. Data on the culture of the various taxonomic groups
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985