This book relates to an important and emerging field of research in sustainable development and environment protection. It offers new ideas in law and science for sustainable development that mankind is exploring for life on this planet. The themes of the Rio UN Conference of 1992 and UN World Summit for Sustainable Development 2002 relate to developing new economics based on the ecology of the earth, with the assistance of new ideas from science for the ecological use of earth's resources. Thus subjects of ecology and international law are being combined along with federalism for the management of global resources.
This book focuses on these new fields. It describes the global environmental movement, the environmental movement in India, the Centre-State relations with environmental management, the administrative workings of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, the workings of the Envirnoment Protection Act 1986 in India, combining law and science in environmental management, the World Charter for Nature 1982, the present state of the environment in India, and recent works on sustainable development in India.
- Foreword by Prof. M.G.K. Menon
- Summary of Project and Main Observations
- The Global Environment Movement
- The Environment Movement in India in Recent Times
- Duties and Responsibilites of States and Centre for Environment Protection and Compliance
- The Working of Indian Environment (Protection) Act, 1986
- The Administrative Working of Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Perspectives on Law, Science and Environment Management
- Present State of The Environment in India
- Perspectives on United Nations World Charter for Nature 1982
- Sustainable development in India
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!