This sophisticated nest box camera system comes with everything you need to start watching the birds in your nest box. The wireless camera is battery/solar powered meaning that you don't need any cables running through your garden or a power source near to your nest box.
The bird box is made from FSC certified European birch plywood and has a 32mm entrance hole. This size is suitable for the majority of small garden birds, including blue tits, great tits and sparrows. Drainage holes in the base of the box help to keep the interior dry and the side panel is removable for access. The nestbox is fitted with a small camera which has both white and infrared LEDs. These are automatically activated depending on the light levels within the box to produce great quality colour footage during the day and black and white images at night.
The camera connects to an external battery box using the included power cable. This battery box is fitted with eight rechargeable batteries and is connected to a solar panel which will charge the batteries whenever there is sufficient sunlight available. The battery box has a mounting bracket so that it can be hung on a nearby wall or fence. The camera can also be powered by disposable batteries if required and can be plugged into the mains using the included power cable.
Footage from the camera is transmitted wirelessly to the receiver which can be plugged directly into your TV. With the addition of a USB Capture Device (see accessories), you can also connect it to your PC or laptop. The wireless signal from the camera can be transmitted up to a nominal distance of 100m. However, the actual distance achieved will vary depending on nearby obstacles, atmospheric conditions and interference from other wireless devices in the area.
* Made from exterior grade plywood, certified from mixed sources in accordance with the rules of the Forest Stewardship Council.
* 32mm entrance hole.
* Ventilation and drainage holes.
* Fixed roof and removable side panel held in by copper peg
* Slots in front and back panels to support camera and electronics.
* Mounting holes in back/base panels.
* Short focus PAL colour video camera assembly with 8.5mm CMOS sensor, 380 line resolution and high sensitivity to visible and infrared spectrum.
* Microphone and audio receiver.
* Three state (off/white/IR) lighting system utilising light emitting and infrared emitting diodes to provide colour pictures during daylight and black and white images when dark
* Power reduction system which performs a partial shutdown during periods of prolonged lack of movement in box
* Transmission system operating at (nominal) 10mW output level in 2.4Hz band with omnidirectional antenna. Set to one of four frequency channels.
* Three meter control/power cable with plugs to connect to motherboard and battery box. Program functions including ambient light sensing, parial shutdown control, movement sensing, light levels switching adjustment, dynamic lighting control.
* Electronic battery box made from polypropylene with mounting bracket. Electronic program controlled motherboard with switched mode power supply giving facilities for single use and rechargeable batteries.
* Charging circuitry and connectors for up to two solar panels and/or wind generators.
* Three position control switch (standard/off/continuous).
* Battery holders for eight D-cell batteries (included), arranging in two banks of four with reverse polarity protection.
* Socket for control/power cable to nest box.
* Connector for mains power supply.
* PAL standard video and audio receiver operating in 2.4GHz band, switch selectable to one of four different frequency channels.
* 240V power supply unit with 1.2m low voltage cable.
* Composite video and audio output to two phono (RCA) sockets.
Mains power supply:
* 240V 50Hz mains power supply (interior use only) for battery replacement.
* 1.2m low voltage cable suitable for exterior connection.
* 1.6m long cable with colour coded video and audio phono
* RCA plus, suitable for connection between TV or VCR and receiver.
* Monocrystalline or polycrystalline solar panel rated at 5W.
* Measures 265 x 200 x 25mm with aluminium U-section frame and cable ties for mounting
* Eight D-cell NiMH rechargeable batteries each with nominal voltage 1.2V, rated at at least 10,000mAh capacity.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!