The Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro offers additional features such as an adjustable sample rate, adjustable gain and advanced trigger settings.
* Our first batch of EMT2s has now sold out! More stock is expected late June / early July - order now to join the waiting list (your card will not be charged until your detector arrives) *
The Echo Meter Touch 2 is perfect for bat enthusiasts and students and will let you record, listen to and identify bat calls in real-time on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. All you need is your iOS device, your Echo Meter Touch 2 and the Echo Meter Touch App which is a free download from the iTunes store.
When plugged in, the Echo Meter Touch 2 enables you to listen to bats in real time, view live sonograms in full colour, record onto your device and identify calls to species level in seconds. If your device has GPS functionality, the Echo Meter Touch 2 will also log the recording location and path of the recording session.
If you are a consultant or bat worker, why not take a look at the Echo Meter Touch 2 Pro?
* Sample rate: 256 samples per second at 16 bits
* Maximum recording frequency: 128kHz
* Gain settings: 1
* Custom User Settings: Trigger minimum frequency
* Echo Meter Touch App: Free to download
* Listening modes: RTE, heterodyne, post-recording time expansion
* Recording format: 16-bit full spectrum WAV
* Species Auto-ID regions: North America, the Neotropics, UK, Europe and South Africa
* Enclosure: Rugged ABS/polycarbonate housing with an integrated acoustical horn
* Width: 48mm
* Length: 35mm (43mm including lightning connector)
* Thickness: 7.3mm - 15.8mm
* Weight: 20g / 0.7oz
* iOS battery run time (iPad): Up to 13 hours
* iOS battery run time (iPad Mini): Up to 8 hours
* iOS battery run time (iPhone): Up to 4 hours
The Echo Meter Touch 2 is compatble with:
* iPhone 7 Plus
* iPhone 7
* iPhone SE
* iPhone 6s Plus
* iPhone 6s iPhone 6 Plus
* iPhone 6
* iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
* iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
* iPad (released March 2017)
* iPad Air 2
* iPad mini 4
* iPod touch (6th generation)
I have had this bat detector for a couple of weeks and use it nearly every night. Having used an analogue bat detector for many years this is just so much better and takes out the guess work. We have both Soprano and Common pipistrelle and the graphics really do show how different the calls are. It is very straightforward to use as it simply plugs into my iPad Air 2 and the app springs into life. The dedicated app again is straightforward to use. It is useful to able to transfer the recording files to my computer for record keeping. I like the location of the recording too – a very useful feature if you travel some distance in one evening or just mapping out where and when you saw which bat species. I am not sure I would need the Pro version – as an amateur the non-Pro version is more than adequate. It does drain the iPad battery a little quicker and so it's important to remember to charge if it is going to be used for many hours in one night (or alternatively take another iPad or iPhone and charge the drained one). I found grabbing screenshots a bit tricky on the fly but now go back to the recorder and grab a screenshot from there for my records. All in all an excellent piece of kit.