210 pages, b/w illustrations
With examples drawn from all over Africa, Living with Uncertainty: New Directions in Pastoral Development in Africa examines the consequences of living with uncertainty for pastoral development planning, range and fodder management, drought responses, livestock marketing, resource tenure, institutional development and pastoral administration.
- Living with uncertainty - new directions for pastoral development in Africa, Ian Scoones
- ecosystem dynamics and economic development in African rangelands, Jim Ellis
- new directions for range management planning in Africa, Gregory Perrier
- forage alternatives from range and field - pastoral forage management and improvement in the African drylands, Wolfgang Bayer and Ann Waters-Bayer
- livestock marketing in pastoral Africa - policies to increase competitiveness, efficiency and flexibility, John Holtzman and Nicolas Kulibaba
- tracking through drought - options for destocking and restocking, Camilla Toulmin
- new directions in rangeland resource tenure and policy, Charles Land and Richard Moorehead
- pastoral organization for uncertain environments, Djeidi Sylla
- dynamic ecological systems and pastoral administration, Jeremy Swift
- new directions for pastoral development in Africa - improving the efficiency of opportunism, Stephen Sandford
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!