264 pages, 76 b/w illustrations, 26 tables
A comprehensive overview of the field of hazardous materials management, this second edition features updated information on toxic and hazardous substance and waste; sources, storage, and treatment; transportation; regulatory jurisdictions; emergency response planning; and, industrial hygiene and worker safety. As in the best-selling first edition, the text provides a basic understanding of the principles involved in each topic discussed, including risk assessment, air toxics, groundwater, management methods, federal laws, waste minimization, toxicology, treatment, transportation, and disposal. The author also explains how the concepts described fit together.
- Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- Toxicology and Health Effects of Hazardous Materials
- Risks and Risk Assessment
- Air Pollution and Air Toxics
- Soils and Groundwater
- Transportation of Hazardous Materials
- Management of Hazardous Materials
- Waste Characterization and Analytical Methods
- Waste Treatment and Disposal
Appendix A: Federal Regulatory Approaches
Appendix B: California Approaches
Appendix C: Hazardous Materials Definitions
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!