By: Thomas E Creighton(Author)
507 pages, Figs, tabs
This landmark work provides a comprehensive description of the molecular, chemical and physical properties of proteins. It brings together in one convenient, authoritative resource coverage of all aspects of proteins – biosynthesis, evolution, dynamics, ligand binding and catalysis, in addition to their structures.
"To read this book is to be in the company of a stimulating teacher-one who can be by turns encouraging as he covers familiar ground with a rigorous but fresh approach, disturbing as he exposes the weaknesses of some conventional explanation, and exhilarating as he highlights the many rather simple questions which cannot yet be satisfactorily answered."
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences
- Chemical Properties of Polypeptides
- Biosynthesis of Proteins
- Evolutionary and Genetic Origins of Protein Sequences
- Physical Interactions That Determine the Properties of Proteins
- Conformational Properties of Polypeptide Chain
- The Folded Conformations of Globular Proteins
- Proteins in Solution and in Membranes
- Interactions with Other Molecules
- Enzyme Catalysis
Appendix 1: Major Protein and DNA Sequence DATA Banks
Appendix 2: References to Protein Structures determined Crystallographically to High Resolution
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I have never been so pleased with the quality of service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985