The most numerous of the world's invasive species, rodent pests have a...
By: Alan P Buckle(Editor), Robert H Smith(Editor)
405 pages, b/w photos, illustrations, maps, tables
There are three basic sections to this book. The first four chapters establish the pest status of rodents and their need for control. The next six chapters review the principles of rodent control methods and their evaluation, the nature of resistance and how to assess damage, The final chapters consider the practice of rodent control, including the problems of extending technology to smallholders and evaluating potential environmental hazards.
- The natural history of rodents: Preadaptations to pestilence, D W Macdonald and M G P Fenn
- Commensal rodents, M Lund
- Rodents in agriculture and forestry, B J Wood
- Rodents as carriers of disease, N G Gratz
- Rodent control methods: Non-chemical and non-lethal chemical, R H Smith
- Rodent control methods: Chemical, A P Buckle
- The laboratory evaluation of rodenticides, R A Johnson and C V Prescott
- Field evaluation of rodenticides, D P Cowan and M G Townsend
- Resistance to anticoagulent rodenticides, J H Greaves
- Damage assessment and damage surveys, A P Buckle
- Rodent control in practice: Householders, pest control operators and municipal authorities, D Kaukeinen
- Rodent control in practice: Food stores, A N Meyer
- Rodent control in practice: Temperate field crops and forestry, A P Buckle
- Rodent control in practice: Tropical field crops, L A Fiedler and M W Fall
- Multimedia campaigns in rodent management programmes for smallholders, H Posamentier
- Assessing the environmental impact of rodenticides, R A Brown
- Rodent control: Back to the future, R H Smith and A P Buckle
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985