By: H Blatt
464 pages, 309 illus
This text presents a comprehensive treatment of sedimentary petrology, within the general framework of'plate tectonics. Stressing the complementary roles of field observation and laboratorv studies, Sedimentary Petrology covers all major and most'minor types of sedimentan, rocks, including conglomerates and sandstones, mudrocks, limestones, dolomites, carbonate rocks, evaporites, cherts, iron-rich rocks, phosphorites, and coal.
Features in the new Second Edition
- A new chapter on paleogeothermometry
- Coverage of limestone divided into two chapters, with an expanded section on limestone diagenesis
- Numerous examples of the implications of plate tectonics on sedimentary rock, including many new to this edition
- More attention to chemical processes in rock formation
- Straightforward writing that clarifies the concepts and technical terms students need to know
Sedimentary Petrology Second Edition is designed for students with a background in elementary mineralogy, and is appropriate for courses in sedimentary petrology, sedimentary geology or stratigraphy and sedimentation.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
The efficiency of supply, favourable pricing, and the friendly personal service we receive, makes dealing with NHBS a real pleasure
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985